Thursday, December 3, 2009

Project 365 [Day 3]

"Don't think of organ donations as giving up part of yourself to keep a total stranger alive. It's really a total stranger giving up almost all of themselves to keep part of you alive." -Author Unknown
 



My dad waiting to be called back to the pre-op room.

On December 3rd, 2009 at 5:00 PM my dad got a phone call granting him the gift of life. I am currently waiting in the waiting room as my dad is being prepped for a life saving liver transplant. In a short time my dad will be receiving a liver transplant after being on the transplant waiting list for 3 years this month, actually it will be 3 years exactly in just a few days. How amazing is that. 





8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family! I'm praying for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I'm so glad he's finally getting a liver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! I'm so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have chiils reading this. Merry Chrstmas.. Early:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bless your family Em, im truly amazed and glad how strong your father is, prayers for you and your family and your father..stay strong my love.and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Em!!!!! I'm so happy for you even though I'm talking to you right now!! lol I love you!! And I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing gift. I'm thrilled for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for your family Em. What an amazing gift!!! I'm praying for his speedy recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete